DUSHANBE, 01.11.2017. /NIAT «Khovar»/. The journalist of “Jumhuriyat” newspaper had a special interview with the Deputy Prosecutor General of the Republic of Tajikistan, the Chief Military Prosecutor Major-General of Justice of the Republic of Tajikistan S. R. Mirzozoda. This interview was published in #224 (23305) of the mentioned newspaper on 31st October 2017, which we reprint to our readers:
In modern society phenomenon of extremism and terrorism poses a serious threat to human development. The efforts to politicize religion remain as a norm in geopolitical games of superpowers and on its basis an interested groups implement conflicts and clashes in different regions of the planet. In connection with this and other related issues, we had talk with the Deputy Prosecutor General of the Republic of Tajikistan, the Chief Military Prosecutor Major-General of Justice S.R. Mirzozoda. First of all, we express our gratitude for your consent to interview, and we begin conversation with this question:
– In September of this year, an interview of Salim Hamdampur with the judge of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Tajikistan Azizov Sh.O, who accepted the court’s decision on recognizing the IRPT as terrorist and extremist organization, had been published under the title of “There were three days left before the coup” in “Tajikistan” weekly. I would like to know your opinion on this material as the Deputy Prosecutor General of the Republic of Tajikistan and the Chief Military Prosecutor.
– Thanks. I agree with the brought proofs of the judge of the Supreme Court Azizov Sh.O., because this interview is about the normative legal acts. In other words, taking into account the decision of the judicial authority of the country the legal aspect of the issue took the first place. It should be noted that on September 22nd, 2015, the Prosecutor-General of the Republic of Tajikistan had submitted a complaints appeal to the Supreme Court of the Republic of Tajikistan on recognizing IRPT as an extremist-extremist organization, on the termination of its activity and its liquidation on the territory of the Republic of Tajikistan. The Prosecutor General’s Office appeal substantiated with the analysis of materials of criminal cases investigating in recent years by the Prosecutor’s Office, National Security and Internal Affairs on committed serious crimes of the IRPT leaders and members. On September 29th, 2015, the appeal of the Prosecutor General’s Office was satisfied with the decision of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Tajikistan and the activities of the Islamic Renaissance Party of Tajikistan was officially terminated on the territory of Tajikistan, and this party was recognized as an extremist-terrorist organization.
– From a legal point of view, how do you assess the activity of political-religious organization and taking into account of which legal facts the IRPT had been recognized as a terrorist party?
– In accordance with Article 8 of the Constitution of the Republic of Tajikistan, public organizations and political parties will establish and operate within the framework of the Constitution and laws. The establishment and activities of public organizations and political parties that promote racism, Nazism, enmity, social and religious hatred, or call for overthrowing by force the constitutional structure and the creation of armed groups, is prohibited.
During the period of 2010-2015, the IRPT members had committed more than 40 heavy crimes and particularly heavy crimes, many of which have committed crimes of extremist and terrorist nature, including incitement to religious hatred, participation in criminal and extremist-terrorist associations, public calls for the violent change of the constitutional system of the Republic of Tajikistan.
The participation of the IRPT members in the killing of dozens of innocent civilians was confirmed in the process of investigating criminal cases. In particular, it was proven that the IRPT leader in Rasht district Davlatov Husniddin was the member of the terrorist organization “Ansorullah” under the leadership of Rahimov Abdullo with the nickname “Mullo Abdullo” and Davlatov Aloviddin with the nickname “Ali Bedaki”, which had committed terrorist act in relation with the 25 soldiers of the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Tajikistan in Rasht valley in 2010.
Investigation of criminal cases and conducting examinations of law enforcement agencies of the country revealed the process of joining of the IRPT members in the international terrorist organization “Islamic State”, the activity of which had been banned on the territory of the country by the Supreme Court of the Republic of Tajikistan from April 14th, 2015. Thus, in the course of the inspections of the houses of the IRPT leaders and activists were found and confiscated the movies, in which were recorded the murder, blast and other horrible acts of the “Islamic State” fighters.
– Investigations regarding criminal acts of the chairman of the party M. Kabiri and General Nazarzoda A., who involved in the attempt of state coup, are there proofs?
– During the preliminary investigation of the criminal case with the irrefutable evidence, such as the testimony of eyewitnesses, victims, accused persons, movies, exact proofs (materials, plans, papers, discs, weapons and ammunition, etc.), which were founded and seized during the inspection of the cabinets and houses of the IRPT leaders and activists, confirmed that the leader of the IRPT M. Kabiri with a preliminary consultation with other top leadership members of the IRPT and former deputy minister of defense of Republic of Tajikistan Nazarzoda A. for the purpose of violent snapping of state power and changing the constitutional order of the Republic of Tajikistan had organized more than 20 criminal groups, every of which consisted of 30 member. Some of these groups were headed by the former fighters of the Union forces of opposition and others persons from Nazarzoda’s entourage. With the purpose of material and financial support of the members of the criminal community, they have permanently provided them money from 500 to 600 somoni through the so-called charitable fund of interested foreign countries.
In order to implement their criminal acts, according to preliminary consultation, they have obliged armed groups to disable means of phone communication and to occupy major government buildings, such as Palace of the Nation, Executive Office of the President of the Republic of Tajikistan, Dushanbe International Airport, administrative offices of SCNS, Ministry of Internal Affairs, Ministry of Defense, The Committee on Television and Radio, DMIA in Dushanbe, DMIA in the districts of Firdavsi, Sino, Shohmansur, I.Somoni and Vahdat city.
Another proof that proves the crimes of M.Kabiri and his associates in committing these crimes is his direct involvement in the financing of an attempt of the state coup. In particular, on September 2nd, 2015, with the instruction of M.Kabiri his son Ruhhulo and his driver Saifov H.T. have brought cash for the amount of $ 1 million and 200 thousand dollars to the house of Nazarzoda A. and handed them to him.
On the night of September 3rd to 4th, 2015, with the instruction and direct leadership of Nazarzoda A. more than 150 members of the criminal group gathered in the former factory of bakery, located in Dushanbe, A. Donish street, belonging to Nazarzoda A.M., armed with arms, machine guns, grenades and other illegal weapons.
Then, Nazarzoda A. namely by the instruction of M. Kabiri with the abuse of duty of the Deputy Minister of Defense, together with his colleagues, disarmed duty checkpoint of the Ministry of Defense, military units №17651 and 08050 and illegally entered the administrative building of the Ministry of Defense and the above-mentioned military units. There they have seized a large number of firearms, military uniforms, and ammunition for the purpose of arming the members of the criminal group.
On the same night, they using firearms, made an armed attack on law enforcement officers who performed their official duties in the territories of Dushanbe city, Rudaki district and Vahdat city. As a result, 10 law enforcement officers were killed and 7 others were hospitalized with injuries.
– From your above-listed proofs, it can be concluded that M. Kabiri through Nazarzoda A. led and controlled the criminal network. So?
– Yes. Since August 2006, Kabiri M. headed the IRPT and grossly violating the provisions of the General Agreement on the Establishment of Peace and National Accord in Tajikistan of June 27, 1997, together with his other supporters, constantly using the methods of religious propaganda had spiritually prepared the people for violent change of the constitutional order in the country.
– In which articles of the Criminal Code are attached criminal acts of M. Kabiri, Nazarzoda A., and their associates?
– Based on the reliable evidence, it is fully proved that the leaders and activists of the Islamic Renaissance Party of Tajikistan, without doubt, were involved in a state coup. Therefore, by the decision of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Tajikistan of June 2, 2016, 14 members of the IRPT top leadership were found guilty and convicted of committing a crime to invite mass for a violent change of the constitutional order of the Republic of Tajikistan, armed insurrection, terrorism and its financing. Kabiri himself is declared in the international search via Interpol.
– If the committed acts of the leaders and activists of the TEO IRPT are considered a crime by such amount of articles of the Criminal Code of the Republic of Tajikistan, then why some foreign countries, especially the European, ignore them. Are these acts not crimes in these countries?
– It should be noted that Tajikistan, as a full member of the international community that signed international legal acts, reviewed the IRPT activities transparently in accordance with the requirements of legislation and international law norms.
Terrorist acts of the TEO IRPT in accordance with Article 129 (formation of criminal organizations) of the Criminal Code of the Federal Republic of Germany, article 149 (inciting people to an armed revolt against the Government), 313 (creation of criminal organizations) of the Turkish Penal Code, article 127 (violent change of the constitutional order), 128 (forcible removal of the constitutional body), 140 (weakening the defense power) of the Criminal Code of the Republic of Poland, article 242 (treason), 249 (forcibly overthrowing the President), 278 (Violation or change in the form of government), 113 (armed insurrection), 124 (An encroachment aimed at provoking a civil war) of the Criminal Code of Belgium, as well as the Council of Europe Convention on the Prevention of Terrorism of 16 May 2005, the Declaration on Measures to Eliminate International Terrorism, adopted by the UN General Assembly Resolution of December 9, 1994, is evaluated and interpreted as a crime.
A terrorist, where would not be committed a crime is a terrorist. Persons who commit such crimes of a terrorist nature in any country will necessarily be brought to criminal responsibility in accordance with the criminal law of that state.
That’s why, in 2016, the IRPT was included in the list of terrorist organizations of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization and the Collective Security Treaty Organization.
– If is it so, why are the leaders of the IRPT terrorist organization still freely walking in Iran and some other foreign countries?
– Unfortunately, some countries taking advantage of their geopolitical interests use double standards. They are under the wing of the so-called international, protecting human rights and freedoms organizations, which the main purpose is only to protect the interests of the host country, provide to terrorists like Kabiri and his associates’ propaganda tribunes and finance them. But these groups do not achieve their impure goals because the people have realized and understood the real truth that if the IRPT came to power what consequences and misfortune would bring to the people and our beloved Motherland.
– We express our gratitude for a conversation.
Reprint from the newspaper “Jumhuriyat”
31st October 2017, №224 (23305)